PETALING JAYA: IGB Group has reopened The Boulevard Mid Valley and rebranded it as St Giles Boulevard after undertaking a RM18mil refurbishment. St Giles Boulevard’s guestrooms and public facilities now feature a fresh new look and overhauled plumbing, electrical and air-conditioning systems that meet global efficiency standards.
“Our decision to rebrand as St Giles is a testament to our commitment to innovation and sustainable luxury. As we embrace this new identity, we are proud to offer an environment where our guests can indulge in comfort while being mindful of their ecological footprint,” said Cititel Hotel Management Sdn Bhd chief executive officer James Loo.
Cititel Hotel Management Sdn Bhd (CHM) manages the hotel under the St Giles brand.
Comprising 390 rooms, St Giles Boulevard now incorporates an array of comprehensive sustainability initiatives including:
- Refillable glass bottles for water: To reduce plastic waste, the hotel has replaced in-room bottled mineral water with convenient and eco-friendly refillable glass bottles.
- Toiletries revamp: Plastic waste is further minimised by replacing single-use toiletries with refillable shampoo and shower gel containers, complemented by the elimination of bar soap.
- Energy efficiency: The transition to in-room LED lighting promotes energy efficiency, reducing heat transmission and the property's carbon footprint.
- Greenery enhancement: Introduction of more live plants enhances the aesthetic appeal and contributes to cleaner indoor air.
- Bamboo key cards: Plastic key cards are replaced with biodegradable bamboo key cards, embodying the commitment to sustainable materials.
- Paperless initiatives: From e-registration to e-invoicing, the hotel is embracing paperless procedures to streamline operations and conserve resources.
For more information, visit www.stgileshotels.com/st-giles-boulevard or contact 03-21098888.