KUALA LUMPUR: As the movement control order (MCO) moves to the recovery MCO (RMCO), businesses and the public must play their parts by following the new normal standard operating procedures (SOPs).
With limits to the number of shoppers within outlets and social distancing practised, queues and waiting times are expected.
In line with Sunway’s “Your Safe Space, Our Safe Space” initiative, starting from June 12, Sunway Velocity Mall launched a mall-wide “Priority Customer” initiative that is targeted for senior citizens, pregnant women, and persons with disabilities (PWDs).
With more than 400 outlets participating, this is meant to ease the shopping experience of shoppers within these categories alongside the mall’s other SOPs.
Sunway Velocity Mall general manager Phang Sau Lian said: “We understand that the public with different circumstances would still need to visit shops for essentials and necessities during this RMCO period. That is why we have initiated this ‘Priority Customer’ campaign to provide a more caring and safer space for these higher-risk categories at Sunway Velocity Mall.”
As a priority customer, patrons of Sunway Velocity Mall can be assured that they will have priority preference when entering shops, from 12pm to 6pm daily. The registration for this initiative can be done online, between 11am and 3pm a day before the planned visit. Successful registrants can then collect their priority customer wristband from the customer care counter before they shop.
Alongside this initiative, Sunway Malls has introduced and implemented over 82 measures across its seven malls to ensure a high standard of social distancing with regular checks, periodic cleaning, and enhanced screening and safety checks.
Amongst the measures introduced are:
- Order & Collect: Shop while reducing social contact as much as possible by ordering from participating outlets and drive-through at the mall to collect the purchased items.
- VeloStore Trooper: Shop online at Sunway Velocity Mall’s Facebook Store and grab exclusive online deals from participating outlets. Everything is done online and your shopping will be sent directly to you.
- Flexible operating hours for tenants until the end of June.
- High Accuracy Thermal Scanners: At Sunway Velocity Mall, five units will cover its main entrances. The scanners can immediately detect if there are any temperature anomalies and whether shoppers are wearing face masks as they pass by the scanner. These scanners will alert on-ground security personnel through strobe lights and audio alarms, allowing for a seamless, accurate temperature scan, and safer experience for all.
- Social Distance: Reminder notices are placed throughout the mall, such as queues in front of outlets, lifts, ATMs, and also inside lifts and at seating areas.
- Frequent cleaning and sanitisation of all common areas, surrounding perimeters, and high touch-points throughout the mall. This includes fogging sanitisation in lifts.