By THARMINI KENAS email@example.com
StarProperty.my Buyers’ Sentiment Survey 2017 finds first-time buyers, upgraders and investors having different views on 2018
- 71.53% would not live in a place where it takes one to two hours of commuting time.
- 54.85% would not buy a property where the previous occupant had died there; 21.19% would still go for it!
- 57.12% are NOT aware that all real estate negotiators must now wear authorised tags issued by the Board of Valuers, Appraisers and Estate Agents when conducting business.
- 47.16% are not in favour of multi-generational loans while 25.39% are NOT aware of it.
- 69.21% claim that the implementation of GST affects their decision in buying a property.
- 40.59% look for trustable property brands.
- A majority of 73.24% thinks the Government is NOT doing enough to make housing affordable in the country.
- 52.66% think the interest rates of housing loans in Malaysia are high while 35.58% find the rates affordable.
- 57.45% prefer a non-furnished home with developer cash rebates while 28.71% prefer partially furnished home and only 13.84% prefer fully furnished home.
- 64.88% think there is an oversupply in the local property market while 22.99% think there is no oversupply; 12.13% do not know about the oversupply situation in Malaysia.
To get the full report, drop us your details at bit.ly/buyersurvey2017.