StarPropertyTV interviews LBS’s leader Tan Sri Lim Hock San
With a huge population to cater to, the supply of affordable housing has always been a point of contention for large cities.
In 1997, Malaysia was not spared from the Asian financial crisis. It was then that LBS Bina Group managing director Tan Sri Lim Hock San saw the struggle of the common people, especially for those living at the vicinity of Kuala Lumpur – many dreamt of owning a home, but they simply did not possess the means to realise this dream.
As such, Lim made it LBS’s mission to build affordable homes for the people.
Through his vision and leadership, LBS continues to build homes for the rakyat, earning the award-winning developer a reputation as the champion of affordable housing.
To pick the brain of this renowned developer and entrepreneur, StarPropertyTV invited Lim onto our Inspiring Individuals program.
Catch the full interview to gain insights from the 60-year-old business mogul.
Breakdown of the interview:
Childhood dream to reality
Lim’s philosophy of development
Introduction of affordable housing during the Asian financial crisis
Lim’s focus on China market and progress
Lim’s tips on time and stress management
On his father, Dato’ Seri Lim Bock Seng
How to build own wealth and promote careers
Legacy Lim wish to leave behind
An advice for his younger self
g: 5px 12px; text-align: center; text-decoration: none; display: inline-block; font-size: 16px;” title=”An advice for his younger self ” type=”button”>41:50 An advice for his younger self
Who is Tan Sri Lim Hock San?
Upon graduation in 1982 with First Class Honours in Civil Engineering from the University of Wales, UK, Lim returned to Malaysia upon his father’s request to assist in the family business of lorry transportation and construction works. Two decades later, the businesses have expanded into property development, insurance and tourism. On 6 December 2001, Lim was appointed the Managing Director of LBS Bina Group Berhad (“LBGB”).
With excellent entrepreneurship, acquired management skills and experienced technical expertise, Tan Sri Lim became the Key Leader and spearheaded LBGB and its subsidiaries (“Group”) to become one of the leading players in the property development industry.
These outstanding accolades were awarded personally to Lim:
- Second prize in the British Steel Corporation Competition for Design in Hollow Steel Section, 1982
- Recipient of the inaugural Platinum Entrepreneur Award by SMI Association of Malaysia, 2011
- Prestigious Entrepreneur of the Year by Asia Pacific Entrepreneurship Awards (APEA), 2012
- Malaysia Best Company for Leadership of Property Development of the Year by International Alternative Investment Review (IAIR) Awards, 2014
- Conferment of World Chinese Economic Summit (WCES) Lifetime Achievement Award for continued efforts in enhancing bilateral relations between Malaysia and China (Guangdong Province), 2015
- Bestowed with The BrandLaureate Hall of Fame – Lifetime Achievement Brand Icon Leadership Awards by Asia Pacific Brands Foundations, 2015
- Global Best Company for Leadership of Property Development of the Year by International Alternative Investment Review (IAIR) Awards, 2016
Being a philanthropist and an active advocate of social and community works, Lim sits on the board of 26 charitable organisations.
In addition, Lim holds directorship of several subsidiary companies in the Group. He is also the chairman of Risk Management Committee in LBGB and managing director of ML Global Bhd.
Want to be alerted each time we have a new video? Sign up here.
Follow us on Wechat or Facebook for the latest updates.
Download StarProperty.my e-Mag(bit.ly/StarProperty_Emag) for more articles.
Want to contribute articles to StarProperty.my? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.